F2P OSRS Changelog
December 2, 2020
Full helm and boot rewards have been added to Castle Wars. Each tier of helms costs 5, 50 or 500 tickets, while each tier of boots costs 4, 40 or 400 tickets.
Due to the
Decorative boots (gold)
providing +1 strength bonus, these boots allow new for a new max hit in certain circumstances.
November 18, 2020
Skull Sceptre pieces can be converted to multiple Bone Fragments using a chisel. These can then be used to charge your imbued Sceptre. Bone Fragments are tradable with a G.E limit of 100 per four hours.
The Beekeeper outfit is now obtainable as rewards from the Beekeeper random event!
You can find more information about the Bone Fragments and the Beekeeper outfit on the
official update post
June 25, 2020
New death mechanics
Ultimate ironmen can now retrieve their items after dying in instanced areas (Obor, Bryophyta)
April 8, 2020
Moss giants in the Wilderness now apparently have a 1/100 chance to drop a Mossy Key (actual rate is 1/60)
January 29, 2020
An "Explore" emote can now be unlocked after completing 600 beginner clues
September 5, 2019
Snare is now F2P
Protect from Magic no longer halves freeze times in PvP
August 29, 2019
Last Man Standing has been updated, including rewards
July 25, 2019?
Hop limit has been removed until further notice.
- boneyard XP/h
- nature rune tele-grab
- selling/buying from stores, etc.
July 11, 2019
Splashing in Lumbridge no longer grants Magic XP.
June 27, 2019
- Additional options for Clan Wars
- Killing the player or NPC that teleblocks you now removes the teleblock effect.
June 6, 2019
Teleblock is now Free-to-play.
April 18, 2019
Beginner clues now also drop from the following monsters:
- Obor, Bryophyta: 100% drop chance
- Hill giants, moss giants, ice giants
- Muggers, dwarves, skeletons, hobgoblins
April 11, 2019
Beginner clues have been released.
February 22 2019
Ring of forging is now F2P
February 07 2019
New F2P Quest: X Marks the Spot
January 24 2019
PvP boxing mechanic change:
DMM anti-boxing mechanics moved to live game (wilderness and pvp worlds); players can now attack other players who have been splashing for a certain amount of time.
December 06 2018
- Collection Log
- Some F2P worlds taken out
- PvP safe zone changes:
When entering a safe zone in PvP Worlds while in combat with another player, you and your opponent will now be able to continue fighting for an extra 6 seconds while in the safe zone.
November 29, 2018
November 15, 2018
Edgeville furnace now F2P
- Now the F2P meta instead of Al Kharid furnace
October 30, 2018
- Global release of Old School Runescape Mobile app
- Shitton of new skill total and regular F2P worlds
October 11, 2018
Zoom distance increased
September 27, 2018
Left click Withdraw-X from bank
September 13, 2018
Left click range cooking
July 5, 2018
New F2P worlds: 118 (NA West), 119 (NA West, 500 skill total), 124 (Aus)
May 3, 2018
New Moss Giant boss: Bryophyta
- Notable drops: rune bars, rune sq shield
- No meta changes due to overwhelming ogress drops
Antipoison is now F2P
- Made at apothecary with cadava berry + limpwurt root
Apr 5, 2018
New F2P PvP world 417
- Notable F2P meta changes: less crowded training areas (ogresses, mines) and better anti-crashing
- new fastest banking method: lumbridge teleport in pvp worlds to the bank chest
- possibility of body/tiara rc using an alt to suicide and respawn at Edgeville, with same rates as solo earth tiara rc and better xp rates for ironmen (untested)
- possibility of easier 3-tick methods with an Event RPG kicking alt?
Dec 7, 2017
New monsters in Corsair Cove: Ogress warrior and Ogress shaman
- Notable drops: Nature/law/death runes, Rune med/full helm, Rune battleaxe, Shaman mask
- Completely changed F2P IM/HC/UIM EHP due to drops and gp; decent combat gp for regs
New area/quest: Corsair Cove, with resource areas (Yew, Maple, Adamantite, Coal, Swordfish, Lobster) and a bank
- Everything is obsolete for efficient skilling, but Maple trees are notably now F2P
Nov 16, 2017
Buy-50: interface improvements for shops
- Notably improves F2P IM/HC/UIM buying arrows
Oct 19, 2017
Make-All: interface improvements for smithing, cooking, and crafting
- Notably changes IM/HC/UIM EHP cooking to 3.5 tick instead of 3 tick; Reg EHP and wines are unaffected
July 20, 2017
Castle Wars released to F2P, Zamorak robes are now F2P drops from Monks of Zamorak
- Castle wars dead 3 weeks after release
- Zamorak robe (bottom) new best-in-slot F2P magic gear
June 22, 2017
Mining Guild Expansion: 4 iron rocks and ore shop added to Mining Guild
- New F2P IM/HC smithing EHP due to proximity of iron ore
May 25, 2017
World map added ingame
May 18, 2017
Imbue Skull Sceptre: sceptre will not break at 0 charges, sceptre pieces will recharge it
- Each skull sceptre piece is worth 3 charges: notably speeds up RC when combined with falador teleport for banking; not EHP but good alternative for those who AFK combats
- Must keep 2-factor Authentication on; imbued skull sceptre is lost on death
Mar 9, 2017
Energy potions released to F2P, made through Apothecary with 2 limpwurt roots and 1 chocolate dust
Mar 2, 2017
Wine of Zamorak spawn at level 35 wilderness Chaos Altar
- Notably increased deep wilderness activity
Jan 26, 2017
New F2P quest: Misthalin Mystery
- No requirements
- Notable rewards: uncut sapphire, uncut emerald, uncut ruby, 1 quest point
Nov 10, 2016
New Game Mode: Hardcore Ironman
- Account will turn into normal, grayhelm Ironman after non-safe-minigame death
Oct 6, 2016
New F2P boss: Obor, accessible with Giant key (Hill Giant droprate of 1/128 or 1/64 in wildy)
- Notable drops: Hill giant club, Rune kiteshield, Rune full helm for ironmen
Sep 22, 2016
F2P Skill total worlds: 381 (500+), 385 (750+)
Aug 4, 2016
New safe minigame: Last man standing
- Battle royale with equalized stats (and no xp gain) and randomized loot
- Notably adds a gp "bank" for UIM, with the coffer that stores unlimited gp
- Dead currently
- FOR PURES: REMEMBER TO CHECK ATTACK STYLE AFTERWARDS (rip Orbrun IV)
F2P Wiki Changelog
v1.68 December 6th, 2020
New F2P Wiki logo and Christmas banner created and designed by
v1.67 October 31, 2020
Upgrade to Rails 184.108.40.206
v1.66 August 1, 2020
New EHP rates released:
v1.65 July 18, 2020
v1.64 December 5, 2019
LMS and Obor/Bryophyta KC hiscores
v1.63 September 21, 2019
- Non-combats hiscores fixed to be additive instead of subtractive from overall xp/lvl/ehp, which is actually buggy for some accounts.
- New feature to reset filters for ranks, tracking, and records
- New hiscores on players' lowest level
- New custom filter on 'active' players (players with any XP gained in the past month)
v1.62 July 6, 2019
99 and 200m count added to hiscores.
v1.61 April 28, 2019
- Upgrade to Rails 5.2.2
- Various bug fixes from v1.60
- Further code refactoring and prep for open-sourcing
v1.60 April 27, 2019
- EHP updates and bonus XP released, found
- Code refactoring and improvements
- Preparations for open-sourcing
v1.53 April 13, 2019
- Compatibility with beginner clues hiscores.
- Internal tool for restoring tracking and records data for players from CrystalMathLabs.
v1.52 March 17, 2019
Release of Overall (no combats) hiscores
v1.51 February 16, 2019
Release of Time to Max hiscores
v1.50 December 2, 2018
Release of XP and EHP tracking and records
Various bug fixes, refactoring, and QoL
Calculators and Hall of Shame moved to Links. Competitions hidden.
We'll try to keep a better changelog :)
Minor fixes and refactoring:
Do not display null combat levels
v1.22 July 14, 2018
Adding a player to hiscores only requires a name, and automatically finds the account type.
Searching should no longer redirect to URLs with IDs instead of player name.
Refactoring for code maintainability and readability, preparing for potential open sourcing.
Improved scroll background graphic for compare page.
v1.21 July 7, 2018
Fixes: Negative xp, level 1 HP for certain people leading to level 1 combat
Updated skill icons
v1.20 June 21, 2018
Combat Level hiscores
v1.19 June 20, 2018
June Gatherers EHP Competition framework
v1.18 June 10, 2018
Filter accounts by popular combat restrictions
v1.17 Apr 27, 2018
EHP Competition framework
v1.16 Apr 12, 2018
Update: DPS calcs now have custom attack and str bonus input
Fix: GP/XP calc will no longer split the comma for inactive items above 999 gp
v1.15 Mar 20, 2018
Players tied for 200m XP will now break ties using their official hiscores rank.
Player personal hiscores page layouts have been refactored and updated for those with custom images/text on their page.
Calculators layout improved as dropdown menu.
v1.14 Mar 19, 2018
Links to official OSRS hiscores and Crystalmathlabs now on each player's personal hiscores.
v1.13 Mar 12, 2018
Feature complete: High alch calc
v1.12 Mar 12, 2018
Feature complete: GP/XP calc
v1.11 Mar 10, 2018
Feature complete: Combat level calc
v1.10 Mar 10, 2018
Feature complete: Compare users
v1.09 Mar 5, 2018
Feature complete: EHP methods located below EHP rates
Fix: P2P minigames/clue scrolls are now accounted for.
Combat EHP rebalances
v1.08 Mar 4, 2018
Feature complete: Ranks on personal hiscore page (for each account type, from official OSRS hiscores)
No alt F2P EHP for regs
is now in place.
v1.07 Mar 3, 2018
Feature complete: DPS Calculators for melee, ranged, and magic with PvP option
Feature complete: automatically refresh players with >500 EHP daily at midnight PST
v1.06 Feb 27, 2018
Fix: Search function fixed for names with "_", correct redirect for invalid names
Fix: Add player function fixed for invalid names
v1.05 Feb 20, 2018
In order to optimize site performance, we have limited our hiscores to players with 75+ EHP.
Feature complete: Add Player to database
Feature complete: Use player name as url, e.g. F2P.wiki/players/W385_Jr
Regs with ~600+ totals found
v1.04 Feb 18, 2018
Feature in progress: Mimick official OSRS hiscores
v1.03 Feb 12, 2018
Feature complete: limit # of players shown per page: 25, 50, 100, 250, or 500
Search player is now case-insensitive.
Refactoring: site and database query optimized for much faster response times
Security: debug mode off and stack trace hidden (thanks to xor eax eax for the notice)
v1.02 Feb 8, 2018
EHP updated for IM/HC/UIM due to ogresses and mining guild. View the full changes
The top 4000 F2P HC, UIM, and IM by total level have been added to the database.
Feature complete: Find player by name
v1.01 Feb 4, 2018
Layout changed: added Homepage, Useful Links, F2P Changelog, general styling
v1.0 Jan 30, 2018
Site publicly released
Feature added: About Us/Donations page, flairs for supporters
Old Changelog (before v1.0 public release)